moles + melanoma
ISN’T IT TIME YOU GOT THAT SPOT CHECKED?
Dermatologists recommend that starting in your twenties, you get an annual total body skin check to screen for abnormal moles and melanoma. If a suspicious mole is found, a sample is taken and sent to the lab. It’s quick and easy and could save your life.
Look for the following signs that may indicate a concerning mole:
- New, or rapidly growing, or changing in any way
- Itches or bleeds
- Asymmetry (one side of the mole doesn’t look like the other)
- Irregular borders (the borders of the mole are jagged or notched)
- Different colors within the mole (pink, blue, gray, different shades of brown, black)
- Larger than the diameter of a pencil eraser
- Lastly and perhaps most important: there is just something about a mole that is bothering you.
If you have a spot that looks suspect, schedule your appointment today. Give us a call at 310.546.1188 orrequest an appointment online. We look forward to seeing you!