Helpful tips for obtaining refills
- Most prescriptions are usually written with a few refills. Please check your bottle to see if you have any refills left. If so, you may contact the pharmacy directly, and they will dispense your prescription.
- Once you have exhausted your refills, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to check with your provider and send additional fills if authorized. Depending on the type of medication, if it has been more than 6-12 months since you have been seen, a follow-up visit may be necessary.
- It is necessary to see your provider annually if you would like to continue with your prescription medications.
- For prescription refills or questions about your medicines, please contact us using your patient portal. Or give us a call: 310.546.1188.
- While on isotretinoin (Accutane), a monthly visit to our office is necessary.
- At your first visit, we will do a blood draw to monitor your lipid and liver enzyme levels. Please arrive to your appointment fasting (nothing to eat or drink—water okay).
- For female patients:
- Monthly in-office pregnancy tests are necessary.
- You must obtain their prescription each month within 7 days of their office visit. Be sure to pick up your medication within this window, even if you have pills left.
- After your monthly visit, we will unlock your iPledge account. You will need to log in and answer your monthly questions. Once you do this, the pharmacy is able to fill your prescription.
Customized Prescription Meds
So long, Pharmacy!
We’ve partnered with an FDA pharmaceutical facility to provide customized medications that we can dispense directly to our patients right here in our office! As prescription medications have become harder for our patients to obtain and increasingly more expensive, we hope that this transition will make obtaining your medications more efficient and cost effective for you and your family. The majority of these medications cost $40-45, often less than most prescription copays. This advancement enables us to:
- Order your medication at the time of your visit to be delivered to your house within 2 days—no more trips to the pharmacy!
- Offer customized medications that are often superior to those dispensed at pharmacies.
- Offer prescriptions that are free of parabens, fragrance, dyes, and preservatives.
- Choose exactly what our patients are using by avoiding alternatives due to their pharmacy benefits.
Of course, this service is completely optional. If you feel it’s not right for you, please let us know that you prefer to receive commercially available medications from the pharmacy. Unfortunately, however, if a medication is not covered by your insurance plan, we are no longer able to initiate prior authorizations. After much blood, sweat, tears, and countless time and phone calls between pharmacies and patients, we’ve learned that the majority—almost all—prior authorizations are not approved. Prior authorizations can take over a week to process, leading to frustration and delay in treatment. If your medication is not covered, we will be happy to choose an alternative that your plan does allow. This may require choosing a generic medication with a similar mode of action as the original one prescribed. It will usually have similar ingredients but a different manufacturer or brand. It should be comparable in quality and efficacy, but simply may not be our first choice.
Thank you for understanding. We hope these changes will benefit everyone, and most importantly allow us to continue to provide superior and excellent care.