Summer is almost here! We’re excited to announce that through July 31, all sunscreen at Manhattan Dermatology is 20% off!
When heading outdoors, remember that the morning sunscreen application is the most important. Try to put it on before you leave the house (especially on the kiddos) so it doesn’t get washed off so easily in the pools or at the beach. You should have to rub it in pretty well—otherwise you are not using enough.
Here are some of Dr. Magovern’s favorites for summer…
For the Face Everyday:
- EltaMD UV Daily SPF 40—great moisturizing base, good for normal-to-dry skin. ($24)
- EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46—perfect for acne, rosacea-prone, or more oily skin. ($29)
- EltaMD UV Physical SPF 41—tinted, matte finish. Chemical-free—perfect for sensitive skin. ($27)
- Blue Lizard Face SPF 30—ideal for our kids or the budget-conscious. Great protection with moisturizer. ($11.99 for 3oz, $16.99 for 5oz)
- NeoCutis Journée BioRestorative Day Cream with PSP—an amazing anti-aging product with antioxidants, growth factors and sun protection (SPF 30). Can be used as a daily moisturizer—it’s also tinted and lightweight! Great for summer and a true favorite. ($130)
- Oldie but goodie: SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30—one of Dr. Mag’s favorites. Moisturizing and elegant. ($37).
For the Lips:
- Solar Protection Liptect Lip Balm with SPF 45—An elegant, chemical-free formulation, suitable for sensitive skin types, this lip balm is our favorite! ($10)
For the Beach/Outdoors/Body:
- EltaMD UV Lotion SPF 30+—The pump makes it easy to use all over the body and it spreads in so easily. Great for family beach days. ($30)
- EltaMD UV Aero Broad-Spectrum Spray SPF 45—This spray is so convenient for reapplication. ($29)
- Blue Lizard Sport SPF 30+—Great for weekend warriors who go through a tube fast. ($11.99 for 3oz, $16.99 for 5oz)
- Blue Lizard Sensitive SPF 30+—chemical-free, my favorite for our babies and those with ultra-sensitive skin. It will rub in, I promise. ($11.99 for 3oz, $16.99 for 5oz)